We are looking for a treasurer to join the team at the end of this year. Please send any questions you might have and a brief CV to [email protected]
The Treasurer oversees the financial affairs of the society and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice, ensures proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the Society.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Make fellow council members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at council meetings. A minimum of 2 council meetings to be attended per year.
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories and bank transfer payments
- Expense payments
- Others as appropriate
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies for society activities such as clinics and shows.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.